My daughter loves all things Disney. In fact, she was Minnie Mouse for Halloween this year... and last year. She named her pet fish "Mickey Fish," and she loves her collection of Disney movies. If all this weren't enough, our family was invited to a special event this weekend that sealed the deal for a life-long love of Mickey and the gang.
Disneyland Resorts is celebrating a "Year of a Million Dreams" this year, and this weekend, they brought the party to Silicon Valley. The folks from Disney invited the ladies of Silicon Valley Moms Blog to a private party for our families, and provided us with an event not soon forgotten (of course, I have 90+ photos to make sure of that!)
- Face painting station (which was a huge hit with my kid)
- "Potato Bar" (where we made Disney-esque Mr. Potato Heads)
- Cookie decorating (lots of pink icing on The Enchanted Castle)
- Interactive Studios (major hit with the "big kids")
- Sketch Artist (we received a personalized drawing of Cinderella)
- A sneak-peek at attractions coming to Disneyland (my Kid loves Handy Manny!)
- Our favorite Disney tunes filled the air.
- Honestly, no detail was left unchecked.
Of course, the biggest hit of the afternoon were the special guests: Mickey and Minnie, Cinderella and Buzz Lightyear. My Kid's eyes were big as saucers when Mickey and Minnie entered the room, and she was completely smitten with Cinderella. All the kids spent time with the lovable characters, and they interacted beautifully with all the kids. The room was full of joy.
All I can say is THANK YOU to the folks at Disney for a memorable and enjoyable time with my family.